Marche Polytechnic University

Marche Polytechnic University is a public university in Ancona, Italy. It tenders three year degrees in Agriculture, Engineering, Economics, Medicine and Sciences as well as longer specialist programs in Medicine and Biology. Different courses began at the beginning of November in 1959 as a branch of University of Urbino. The university itself began in 1969 with approval of charter of Independent University of Ancona and by-laws establishing 2 year course of study for Faculty of Engineering and 3 year course of study for Faculty of Medicine and Surgery. The Higher Council on Public Education recognized Faculty of Engineering for 1969-70 academic year and Faculty of Medicine as well as Surgery.

The Higher Council on Public Education recognized Faculty of Engineering for 1969-70 academic year and Faculty of Medicine and Surgery for following year and University of Ancona was recognized as state university on January 18, 1971. Faculties of agriculture and sciences were added over next two decades and in January 2003 University was renamed to Università Politecnica delle Marche.

MARCHE POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY

Università Politecnica delle Marche

Established

1959

Type

State-supported

Rector

Prof. Marco Pacetti

Admin. staff

450

Students

13,000

Location

Ancona, Italy

Sports teams

CUS Ancona

FACULTIES

There are five faculties in which university is divided into:

  1. Faculty of Agriculture
  2. Faculty of Economics
  3. Faculty of Engineering
  4. Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
  5. Faculty of Sciences

The teaching faculty currently numbers 450 professors, teaching assistants and researchers along with 262 temporary staff and 550 technical and administrative personnel. Teaching and research activities were once housed at separate locations, which were often unsuitable and inadequate. They are presently grouped together and divided among three main complexes. The science-technology complex is located in Monte D’Ago and its buildings boast monumental and prestigious work designed by Belluschi, an Italian-American architect.  Second research and instruction complex is located in Torrette for biological, scientific and clinical needs of Faculty of Medicine and Surgery. The third complex reserved for study of economics and humanities is located in center of city in historic and renovation ex barracks Caserma Villarey and houses Faculty of Economics.